The Macleay Valley is full of stunning coastlines, gorgeous local markets, untouched rainforest and bush walks. Visit the Mid North Coast as it’s famous for our pristine beaches and laid-back atmosphere. Come and explore a wonderful corner of the world, you won’t be disappointed!
• Tourist Drive 12 – Crescent Head, Gladstone, South West Rocks, Arakoon National Park & Hat Head National Park. Historic towns, famous surfing beaches, lookouts and so much more!
• Slim Dusty Centre – Located in Kempsey is the tribute to the great Australian Icon – Slim Dusty. This centre exhibits object and images from the Kirkpatrick’s family archives as well as items donated from fans all over the world.
• Crescent Head Surfing Reserve – a really fun wave off the point or discover the back beaches.
• Enjoy the hinterland of Kempsey & all that the Macleay River has to offer. Mountain ranges, clear creeks to swim in & plenty of fresh air.
• Hat Head Beach – only a 30 min drive from the resort, perfect place to snorkel at high tide!
• Back Creek – A perfect destination for taking the whole family. You can enjoy the beauty of South West Rocks Back Creek best for snorkelling, swimming, SUP Boarding, fishing and strolling over the bridge. SWR SUP is the local Stand Up Paddle Boarding business that operates from Back Creek in the holiday periods. It has high quality boards for hire or you can take a guided tour and see all the marine life and tropical fish at Back Creek. Park your car in the carpark on site or you can take an easy stroll from Horseshoe Bay via the new walkway past monument point.